Another Blow to the Ole S.E.
I've mentioned before how becoming a Mommy of a preschooler has really messed with my Self Esteem.
Today, Ellie struck again. We were on our way home, when out of nowhere, she attacked:
"Mommy, your hair is too long. You need to go and get a haircut."
I was dumbfounded, but I quickly replied, "Mommy wants to let her hair grow until baby Eva comes out. My hair's not yucky... it's just long."
She shoved the knife deeper into the wound. "Yes Mommy, it is yucky. You need a haircut!"
A glance in the rearview mirror revealed her innocent little angel's smile. So I let it go.
Then, I was putting some things away in the closet in my bedroom when I heard my cell phone ringing. I hollered across the house for Ellie to please bring me my purse, which she did.
A few minutes later, I had to go get something from the living room, and I saw that the TV was off (she'd been watching a favorite show).
"Why'd you turn the TV off?" I asked her, gathering up some things to put away.
Once again, I received the Dumb Mommy look.
"Because I was trying to hear you!"
Pointing out how I'd been displaying the bad habit of yelling across the house.
*sigh*... maybe when all my kids move out, I will feel better about myself?? :)



2 comments:
you poor thing! she sure does know how to get to you!
dont worry you'll survive. :)
Yes, when they move out, you will feel better about yourself, for a moment, then you will miss them like crazy!
Post a Comment