Wednesday, September 9, 2009

kids tell all...

There have been a few embarrassing and shameful moments in my life. Moments where I wanted to crawl into the floor and die. Moments like yesterday, when the button popped off my maternity pants, and then an hour later, the zipper split open.

But these moments, while horribly inconvenient, I can handle. I can deal with them, because they are my fault. There are always elements to each moment that I could control. Like, I could have realized in the morning that the stupid pants were getting too tight, and chosen to wear something else.

What's worse though, is the feeling that your dignity is completely at the mercy of your 3 year-old. And don't kid yourself-- if you've got a kid that can talk, they are SO in control.

Take for example, yesterday. My mom comes to drop Ellie off to me, and the first thing she says is, "What's this I hear about you using the little kid potty in the nursery at church???"

Oh, Ellie... revenge is sweet, and can wait 13 years until you're dating...

1 comments:

Ronnie Missioni September 11, 2009 at 10:59 AM  

hehehehehe....payback is soooo worth the way!