Ellie's take on the Dragon Foe with Light Pink Lips Covered in Baby Cereal
While brushing Ellie's hair we decided she was a princess. That led to the conclusion that Papi was the king, and Mommy was the queen.
"And Eva," I continued, "would be the little princess. You're still the big princess though."
I was sure she would go for that, because at 3 years old, bigger = better.
"No," she said holding up one finger declaration style. "Eva is the DRAGON."
If Ellie has not managed to traumatize little Eva by the time she reaches her teen years it will be a miracle.
But I'm seriously reconsidering Halloween costume ideas now....
*****
One morning I went into our room to change Eva's poopy diaper on our bed. Ellie waltzed in grandly and announced, "I'm here to see Papi." (Papi was still sleeping)
Then she climbed up on the bed, and Eva arched and strained her neck back to stare at Ellie, who is one of Eva's favorite things to look at. (Who can blame her??) Her little baby mouth was agape, and Ellie noticed it, and remarked, "Mommy, look at Eva's light pink lips!"
"Yes," I acknowledged. They are light pink, you're right."
"Mine are dark pink!"
She is just so funny and bright, it amazes me.
*****
I sat Ellie down to eat, and then busted out the seat and a lovely bowl of goopy cereal for Eva. Which makes Ellie gag when she watches Eva's process of eating it, and she will even vomit if I don't remove it from her sight.
Ellie shielded her eyes, and said "Mommy, I don't want to see any of that feeding business again."




2 comments:
my goodness...you're daughter truly is something else! i love her to pieces.
Hehehe... If Eva is anything like her sister, you will have your hands full in a few years :)
Post a Comment