Saturday, June 27, 2009

Missionary Moment

They say that children know the worst moment to do something really inopportune...like they have radar or something. This proved true yesterday, when we had the missionaries over for dinner. Everything went fine, and the missionaries were sharing their spiritual thought. Ellie went in to use the bathroom, and dropped her drawers a few times in the hall, which was also fine, because no one saw but me.

Then it was time for the closing prayer. Ellie was still in the general bathroom area, washing her hands (WE THOUGHT).

Ricardo asked me to say the prayer, and I was in the middle of it, when we all heard loud and clear from the bathroom:

"MOMMY, I'M POOPING! COME WATCH!"

I start laughing, the missionaries are laughing, Ricardo's laughing, only I'm still trying to finish the prayer! Everyone's covering their mouths, trying not to be the one who laughs OUT LOUD. I completely lost my train of thought and couldn't even think of what to say, so I just muttered a quick end to the prayer and we all said Amen.

Then we all lost it.

Yes, children will always pick the worst moment to do something very inopportune.

But hey, it gives me a great blog post for today!

0 comments: