Thursday, December 10, 2009

2 kids, day 1.

I am typing this one-handed, as I am busy pumping with the other. My boobs are HUGE. And, they hurt.

Just reporting on my first day having 2 kids actually home with me. Not bad, actually. A few highlights:

Ellie got diarrhea and missed the toilet= emergency load of laundry was done.

One child screaming while putting the other to bed (luckily Eva calmed herself down, so crisis averted).

One child, who will remain nameless, stripped herself down naked AGAIN after being put down to sleep... Not such a huge deal but a little difficult to flip her over to get the PJ's back on her when she insists on sleeping on her belly and not rolling over for me.

I had a lovely snuggle with Eva on the sofa. But, she was super hot and what was supposed to be a nappy for two turned into a TV veg session for me, and a solo nappy for baby.

Visiting teacher brought a fabulous meal, complete with calorie-packed chocolate cake for dessert. Mmmm. :)

Eva pretty much slept the entire day, and now has worked herself into quite the little funk, right when Mommy is about to drop from exhaustion and needs to sleep. Looking forward to Ricardo getting off work here in about a half hour, and being off tomorrow.

Finally being able to bring Eva home was wonderful. It was an emotional day yesterday, having had a baby but not HAVING her. The blizzard and 5 ft snow drifts made getting her home quite the adventure though. Yay, Iowa winters. It was so sweet to have both my little girls together. Ellie grinned like the Cheshire cat when she saw baby Eva for the first time. She asked Eva to play Barbies with her, it was so cute!

I definitely feel like we've done right by baby Ellie by having a sibling for her. She's been a lone ranger for 3 years now. She deserves a playmate and I feel really blessed to have 2 little girls that will love each other and be able to grow up together as best friends.

And those are my feelings. Surprised I made them come out somewhat coherently, as I am like the living dead at the moment.

Over and out.

2 comments:

Jackie December 10, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

i hope your night went better once papi got home! i cant wait to see all the pictures.

Ronnie Missioni December 10, 2009 at 2:46 PM  

you are a great mom :) and don't worry, you'll get to sleep, in about 20 years :)