Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Eva hits-- an update on the Girlie Girls.

Ellie decided on the way home today, that her pink flamingo needed a name. I helpfully suggested two names (Pinky and Fuschia-- the latter, I thought was pretty clever, being as Flamingo and Fuschia both begin with F), but both were immediately ix-nayed. (I know you know your Pig Latin!)

She said, "I'm gonna name her Lovely, just like the other Lovely." (the sacred Red Bear)

Yep, cause that idea was waaaay better than mine. Pssh.

I asked the obvious: "If they both have the same name, how are you going to know which one you're talking about?"

She sighed. "Mommy, if I'm holding one in my hand, I'll know which one I'm talking about."

Duh.

****

Presently she's leaning over the back of the sofa, watching a storm roll in out the window.

I joined her. "Ellie, doesn't it smell wonderful?"

She sniffed. "I think it smells AWFUL."

She's a peach.

****

In other news, Eva has almost completed gathering her winter food storage in her large cranium. Yesterday she put down half a can bowl of delicious homemade beef stew. Ellie didn't eat any of it and went to bed hungry. The other day when the girls wanted a snack, Ellie almost ate a whole apple, and Eva, who's 10 months, downed an entire large banana-- and then ate a full dinner.

She has huge earnest eyes, and her little round face reminds me of an owl.

And when you tell her no, she curls up her lip and scrunches her forehead in a look that expresses a mixture of shock (are you seriously telling ME no??), disgust, and anger. It's pretty cute.

Yep, she's developing a temper, and here's a video of her hitting me!

2 comments:

Jackie October 12, 2010 at 7:40 PM  

ok, eva is WAY too little to be walking!!!

i love them both...thanks for the update!

Ronnie Missioni October 15, 2010 at 6:05 PM  

Awwww, They are just too darn cute and I really hope I get to meet them at Christmas time.(I hear you may be coming to Ohio around that time :)