Monday, November 1, 2010

Loooove the Girlie Girls.

This may come as no surprise to anyone, but I absolutely ADORE my 2 little girls. It surprises me sometimes, how much I love them. And not just love as in a parent who has to love their child... I truly enjoy their presence. I love to play with them, make them giggle and squirm with delight when I tickle their little tummies, and I live to kiss their soft, pudgy cheeks and silky hair.

Tonight was especially sweet. Ellie has become more and more accepting of Eva, and now she only expresses her love. She was hugging, kissing, and guiding little Eva by the hand. She was chasing Eva down the hall with a toy cart. And Eva's face was lit up like the moon; she was absolutely BEAMING to be the center of Ellie's attention. Even as a baby, it's so obvious how she looks up to her big sister. It's so endearing, it makes me want to gobble her up.

It's so sweet of Ellie to come down to Eva's level and find ways to include a baby in her playtime. I'm sure she'd much rather be outside playing up to a bigger kid, rather than playing down to her baby sister. I think it shows maturity, and a sweet tenderness and mercy on Ellie's part. She is playing the part of the big sister to perfection, and I just adore how caring she is for little Eva.

New accomplishments:

Ellie is now tracing letters perfectly, coloring inside the lines and (most of the time) choosing the correct colors, recognizing letters, sounds and numbers. She can type her name on the computer, and write it all by herself. She is more than ready for kindergarten, with a whole year left to go!

Eva was laying on her back, the recipient of a pre-bedtime diaper change, when I decided to teach her where her toes where. What I didn't expect was for her to actually SAY "toes." As covered the nether regions with a fresh diaper and maneuvered the little arms into the jammies, I caught her playing with her piggies, and I automatically said, "Toes, Eva. Those are your t-o-o-o-o-es."
"Tah. Ttss." She repeated, grabbing them. And whenever I pointed to the wiggly little digits, she repeated after me the same way.
"Toes."
"Tah."

And when it was bottle time, all she wanted to do was grab her feet and say, "Tah! Tah!"

 Ah, what a genius baby!

Like I said, I just love my girlies. I think they're the best girlies in the whole entire world. And I'm pretty sure I'm right.

1 comments:

Righteous Republic November 13, 2010 at 1:34 AM  

Your girlies are so sweet, and cute, and smaaaart! That's because they have an amazing momma who is all of those things. Great post! -Kali