Monday, July 26, 2010

Kicking off my Favorite Season!

I get a weird sort of high this time of the year. It's because I have a lot to look forward to, as the end of summer (and hot, nasty, sticky weather!) and Ellie’s birthday mark the beginning of my “holiday season,” which goes as follows:

August: Ellie's birthday (YAY!!)

September:  the Shoog's birthday
Ricardo's birthday 
Susi's birthday
Edu's birthday
FALL! (my favorite season)

October:
Sweaters!!
Naty's birthday
Dad's birthday
Halloween (which I adore)

November: Mother in law's birthday
Kayleigh's birthday
Thanksgiving
Christmas shopping!

December:
Eva's and my birthday! (thanks, Birthday Bandit.)
WINTER! 
Christmas!

The event that will be kicking off the season of fun is Miss Ellie's birthday. This year she will be turning 4, and I can't even believe it. 

My baby-- 4 years old. Next year she will be in kindergarten! 

Last year her party was in our apartment. It felt like there were 300 children running and screaming through our house. The cleanup was NO FUN. 

Therefore, this year I had to find another solution. Since she has a coveted summer birthday, I decided to rent a pavilion at a local park, and let Ellie and the other children run wild outside. Guthridge park, in Hiawatha, is about 5 minutes from our house. It features a splash pad, outdoor volleyball pits, and of course, playground equipment. 

But perhaps its most important feature is the sidewalk that winds its way through the shade of the park. 

And this is why: 



I am SO. EXCITED. 

See why this is such a great time of the year??

2 comments:

Ronnie Missioni July 27, 2010 at 9:10 AM  

oooh, this is gonna be the BEST birthday ever for her! You NEVER forget when you get your first bike :)

EllieandEvasMommy July 27, 2010 at 6:18 PM  

that's what i'm hoping! jackie and i sure loved our bikes :)